Growing up, every generation has their own styles that seemed to take over. However, in the 90s, everything seemed to jump into hyper-drive, probably because of all of the media that was targeting the young people in the country.
It seemed like the 90s had about 8,000 different trends that popped up, but it was the hairstyles that really were the most important part. You can wear whatever clothes you wanted, but if your hair wasn’t perfect then what was the point?
These 20 hairstyles were the most iconic of their time, and we all had them at one point or another. If we didn’t, then someone in our classes absolutely did.
1. The mushroom cut was the most definitive look of the decade
2. But sometimes they would split the hair right down the middle, because that’s obviously cooler than it being straight across
3. Baby Spice helped bring pigtails to a new level of cool
4. Or if that wasn’t your thing you could have it shoulder length and flipped out, just like the Olsens
5. Basically all of the hairstyles in the 90s for guys seemed to involve some form of mushroom cut, but this one was for those who wanted to use excessive hair gel so that their head looked wet at all times
6. Or if you wanted to go all out, spiking up your frosted tips was also an option
7. Ladies, you know that you had a random collection of gems that you would clip throughout your hair
8. Sometimes you would even work them into some crimped pieces
9. Seriously, we can’t express enough how frosted those tips were…
10. Hair got really tall in the 90s
11. Whether it was the cut, or because we all had scrunchies holding our hair up to dangerous heights
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg…