These days, they just don't make teen movies like they used to back in the 90s. Yes, they were usually cheesy, and the characters made some questionable life and fashion choices, but they often had useful messages to convey, and gave us celebrities to crush on.
Over the years, we have all re-watched these movies multiple times, and can quote a lot of the lines ( “Do you prefer fashion victim or ensembly challenged?” Anyone?). But no matter how many times you've seen a movie or Googled the cast, there are still some interesting, and at times wild, facts you still don't know about them.
Here are 16 tidbits from some of the best teen movies from the 90s:
1. Instead of Adrian Grenier, Elijah Wood was supposed to star alongside Melissa Joan Hart in Drive Me Crazy. He didn't get the role because they thought he looked too young.
2. Mila Jovovich met Shawn Andrews on the set of their movie Dazed and Confused, and became a bride at 16 after they eloped.
3. And the cast drank real beer for most of the scenes.
4. 10 Things I Hate About You was inspired by Shakespeare's The Taming Of The Shrew, and the title is supposed to sound somewhat similar to the play.
5. Wild Things originally featured a scene where Matt Dillon and Kevin Bacon showered together.
6. She's All That was filmed at the same high school as Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
7. Marilyn Manson had a cameo in Jawbreaker because he was dating one of the stars, Rose McGowan.
8. In Election, Mathew Broderick is actually urinating in the "peeing in the woods" scene that takes place in Linda's yard.
Wait until to find out what made Ryan Phillipe throw up on the set of Cruel Intentions...
9. After the slap scene with Reese Witherspoon in Cruel Intentions, Ryan Phillipe was so worked up that he ran off set and threw up.
10. Lois Duncan, the author of the book, I Know What You Did Last Summer, admitted that she hated the movie.
11. A cooked sausage propped by a pencil, and wrapped in foil had to be placed between Jason Biggs' legs in order to replicate an erection in an American Pie scene.
12. Oh, and the apple pie was from Costco.
13. On the set of Scream, Wes Craven had to tell Drew Barrymore real life stories about animal cruelty to keep her crying and looking terrified.
14. In Clueless, Alicia Silverstone couldn't pronounce "Haitians" in one of the classroom scenes, but the producers thought it was funny and included it in the final cut.
15. M. Night Shymalan was a script doctor for She's All That
There are a lot of stars who completely fell out of the spotlight even though they seemed too big to fail. Whether they leave for personal reasons, medical issues, or just because they want to slow down, it's always interesting to take a look back and see where our old favorite celebrities went. Dana Carvey managed to become one of the biggest character actors of his time. After getting his big break on Saturday Night Live, Carvey seemed to be headed for success. He had many breakout characters but it all started with the Church Lady, who helped him become
When it comes to classic horror movies, I think we can all agree that Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer are two of the best. These movies are iconic, and while a lot of people hate remakes and reboots, there's one person who is itching to get his hands on them. Jason Blum and his company, Blumhouse Productions is responsible for several iconic horror movies. He's also the one taking a run at bringing back Michael Meyers in the new installment of Halloween. Flickr - Gage SkidmoreThe movie premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival last weekend,
Kenan and Kel were the best comedy duo of the 90s, and it's not even close. Their show ran for a whopping 65 episodes, which for a show in the 90s is a decent stint. The friends shot to fame with the movie Good Burger, which is still quoted today.When Kenan & Kel first aired, it made history by becoming the first Nickelodeon primetime sitcom to star two African-American leads. The two seemed inseparable on and off the screen, and they lived together with their moms. They would all hang out together and the boys would pull pranks on their