15 Lies You Definitely Told Your Parents As A Teenager
As I've grown up, and looked back at these lies I've told, I started to realize everyone tells the same lies to their parents. If that's the case, our parents definitely knew we were lying the whole time. It could also be that they were incredibly naive and believed we were the angels the hoped we'd be.
1. "I'm going to stay the night at my friends house."
Maybe you were going to your friends house, but you definitely weren't staying there.
2. "Report cards haven't come out yet."
This was a tricky one because you had to pray that they would eventually forget, or that they wouldn't call the school to ask why it's taking so long.
3. "The teacher said the homework was optional."
This was an everyday kind of lie and part of the reason why we hid our report cards.
4. "I don't know why the school called, I was definitely in class."
Going on to say that the teacher must have made a mistake, because you didn't talk much in class and you sat in a different seat then normal.
5. "My eyes are just red because I didn't get a good sleep last night."
Or they were just really dry, either worked. And oh yeah, that smell must be from a skunk outside.
6. "We're just friends."
"Moooom, I don't even look at him that way, ew." Meanwhile, you most definitely looked at him that way, and you just wanted your mom to give you some space.
7. "I'm pretty sure it's going to be an all girls party."
I don't know why this one always worked, because I don't think I ever went to an all girls party while I was in high school.
8. "I think I'm too sick to go to school today."
They definitely knew we weren't sick, but they would feel horrible if it turned out we were sick, and they forced us to go to school anyway.
9. "That's not a hickey, I just burned myself with my flat iron."
My friend tried this one and her mom took away her flat iron for a month for her obvious lie, (which is a big deal when you're 16.)
10. "My friends aren't like a lot of other girls our age."
Meanwhile your friends were the "other girls your age." The best part about this was our parents totally thought our friends were angels but they were the probably the opposite.
11. "We just stayed in and had a movie night."
You actually spent your night at a field party, where you almost suffered from alcohol poisoning from having one too many Smirnoff ice coolers.
12. "Everyone failed this test."
If all else fails, blame the teacher's abilities, that way your 35% is totally not your fault.
13. "Of course I remembered to take the chicken out of the freezer."
*Sprints to the kitchen to take it out, while also doing those dishes you forgot about*
14. "Yeah, her parents will be there."
Were my parents the only ones who somehow only asked this question when my friends parents actually weren't home? How could they sense this stuff?
15. "I would never lie to you."
The one time you actually tell the truth and they don't believe you, you feel like the world is crashing down on you.
What crazy lies did you tell your parents growing up?