Spy Kids was fantastic. That is just a fact and you cannot convince me that this is not true. The film came out over 15 years ago now, but you know what, it holds up!
The movie was a great spy/adventure movie that made you feel super powerful as a kid. It also made us all a little bit suspicious of our parents. Maybe they were secret spies too…
It really was a great movie that has stuck with a lot of us for a long time, maybe because it is kind of messed up, or maybe because it’s just THAT good.
Which moment from the movie is most prevalent in your memory?
1. How the kids had to do an obstacle course every day before school?
2. How the parents had the most impressive wedding ever?
3. What about the fact that the bad guy can make perfect copies of children and just has them around his house?
4. Or the messed up methods that are used to make the “Fooglies”. I mean, those are REAL PEOPLE!?
5. The Thumb-Thumbs are pretty haunting. Did you know they were based on a picture the director remembers drawing as a kid?
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot more crazy things that made this movie stand out. Click to the next page to see the rest!
6. What about fact that these kids are way more capable than they should be
7. Or the fact that you absolutely wish you were as tough as Carmen
8. And let’s not forget that one of the bad guys gets brutally burned but the only thing she loses is hair?
9. How about the part when George Clooney showed up? Did you know that he was wearing pajama pants while filming that scene? The director went to George’s own house with a camera to film it.
10. Or that the mom of Juni and Carmen looked super young. Carla Gugino was actually only 17 years older than the actress who played Carmen when they filmed it but the director convinced her that it would be fine.
Did you know while you were watching it that Spy Kids would inspire 3 follow up movies? Pretty crazy right?