You would think designing a playground would be a fun task. Trying to figure out what makes kids happy while keeping them safe is a tough balance but it seems like something that would be an alright job.
As it turns out, it's a lot harder than you might think. There's a lot of things that can go VERY wrong. Sometimes the theory of a play structure sounds great, but when you actually build it the result is something less than stellar.
These playgrounds are reminiscent of those horrifying abandoned theme parks we looked at before, except they don't have the excuse of being old and decrepit because they are intended for use by children.
Can you imagine coming across these parks when you were a kid?
1. Excuse me, but who thought this was smart?
2. Look both ways before you ride the slide!
3. Could we maybe have picked a better location? Yes...
4. This is not the kind of playground you send kids to if you would like to avoid jail time...
5. This is one way to prevent kids from thinking they can go all the way around...
6. Hope your kid has good reflexes!
7. The perfect playground for even the tiniest kids!
8. It's probably the fastest slide in all the world, so at least when you break your ankles you can pretend to be impressive
9. Except maybe this one...
10. It's a long way down to the end of this slide
Just you wait, there are even worse ones that we haven't gotten to yet
13. That's one way to raise the stakes
14. There are just so many reasons why clowns are creepy
15. Who thought this was at all acceptable??
16. I don't understand how these things get approved?
17. Seriously... how?
18. I mean, I want to go on record and say this is pretty much unacceptable?
19. Seriously, these are out there
20. Maybe this one is just for the ghosts?
Have you ever been to a terrible playground? Share your story or pictures in the comments!
Before classrooms were littered with iPads and other fancy electronics, teachers resorted to old-fashioned indoor classroom games that wasted a lot of time.Anything was better than studying or completing worksheets, so we went along with it, but not all these games were as hype as teachers tried to make them. That being said, not all were that bad either. University HospitalsLet's be real though, the ones that were more competitive were the most fun. Here are 10 indoor games that will open the floodgates to some of your favorite, and maybe most-hated, childhood memories. Seven Up (Heads down, thumbs
I think we can all agree that looking back on our childhoods makes us reevaluate some of our obsessions. Did we need all of those Beanie Babies? Probably not. Did we need every POG available? Probably not. Was Tickle Me Elmo really worth the effort our parents put in? I guess not. But those things were just short little trends that passed by in a few short years. There was another toy, one that's even weirder than a game based on cardboard disks that managed to last for decades, and is making its comeback now: Trolls. Troll dolls seemed like