Our nostalgia can sometimes cut both ways. There are lots of things that make us yearn for the “good old days,” but just as many that deserve to stay buried, forever, seriously. Here are 21 memories that we’ve tried to repress from the early 2000s:
1. Wasting our money on these gooey aliens
Why did we want these in the first place?
2. Watching endless reruns of ‘The Simple Life’
3. Coming home from school and putting a Heinz Baked Beans Pizza in the oven…
4. Then logging into MSN Messenger
Or AOL Instant Messenger (RIP).
5. Or maybe borrowing your mom’s phone for some serious gaming
6. Remember when you weren’t tired of these?
7. And we all thought owning a CD burner made us DJs
Speaking of music…
8. Trying to fit a Walkman in your pocket
The struggle was real…
9. And we would look forward to Computer Lab all day…
Only to deal with this.
10. Of course you had to accessorize properly
11. And show your support for a good cause
Or a dozen good causes.
12. So pull your finest JNCOs out of the closet
They really were a must-have.
13. And break in the bill on your new Von Dutch hat
14. Because I just popped the collar on my polo shirt, and that means it’s time to party!
If fashion wasn’t your thing, there were other ways to entertain yourself.
15. Here’s a blast from the past:
16. Did anyone actually like these, or did we just like to torture ourselves by eating them?
You can still get them here.
17. And of course we spent a LOT of time on Myspace
We shared angsty photos of ourselves (like these ones, courtesy of Taylor Swift).
We spent a lot of time updating our Top 8.
And filling out surveys, because all our friends had to know what color our shoes were.
18. These eyesore boots that were absolutely everywhere
It seemed like everyone owned a pair.
19. When Jessica Simpson asked the hard-hitting questions
20. And we were obsessed with bands we wouldn’t be caught dead listening to now
21. Well, at least things weren’t all bad. We still had these:
Share this list if it brought back any (un)happy memories!