There are a lot of sights and sounds of the internet from the early 2000s that bring back a flood of memories, but just hearing the word "Neopets" can cause intense flashbacks. We spent hours raising our virtual pets and catering to their every need. If you grew up playing Neopets, these memories are burned into your brain, probably forever.
1. First, you had to pick your pets
Agh! This is already too much pressure!
2. Don't forget to pick up your daily ration of omelette
The easiest way to provide for your growing Neo-family.
3. And stop by Main Street to spend your Neopoints
4. Don't forget to visit the other parts of Neopia
And did you know there's a secret store in Faerie City?
5. Yes, really.
That's where they hide the really good items.
6.You could chat with your online friends in the Neoboards
7. But don't get carried away, because your pets are starving!
8. We collected our fair share of Codestones
What were these for again?...Anyways, they looked cool.
9. We mastered the Bank and the Stock Market
Too bad we can't turn our Neopoints into real cash...
10. Smart owners would board their pets while on vacation
Wow, that room is nicer than mine.
Keep reading for even more Neopets memories, including the items that drove us crazy...
11. We chased after special items like seasonal food
Call me crazy but these look good enough to eat...
There were even holiday Petpets...how festive!
12. Of course you simply HAD to buy your pets a Petpet
And then you needed a plushie of your Petpet, to complete the set.
13. And we even bought REAL merchandise so we never had to stop thinking about Neopets
14. We drove ourselves crazy trying to find those rare paintbrushes
But it was worth it to give our pets a cool makeover!
15. There was a surprising amount of gambling on Neopets
16. But there were also more wholesome games
17. You knew exactly when your next spin on the Wheel of Excitement was due
18. There were other ways to distract yourself, like joining a guild
Then you could forget you had joined a guild and never interact with it again.
19. Or you could explore the Haunted House
Can you believe this used to actually scare us?
20. You could test your bravery on the Snowager
But even it wasn't as scary as...
21. Sadly, we eventually said goodbye to our pets, and left them for a new owner
But there's really no reason to say goodbye. Even if your pets are "starving" they never die, so maybe yours are still waiting to see you again!
Share this list if you grew up playing Neopets!